Sunday, 23 October 2011

Bags and Brooches


I've taken a break from quilting and made a few handbags this weekend using some of my Tula Pink, Parisville and Amy Butler, Soul Blossoms and Midwest Modern stash that I had left over from other projects. The bags looked a bit plain so I decided to make some fun rosette brooches. I used my pudding bowls as templates. It worked quite well. 
My first (completed) quilt I ever made was using Amy Butler's Lotus Collection (see below). I made this quilt while still studying in Canada, this is where I discovered all these wonderful American designers, like Amy Butler and Tula Pink.

3 comments:

Lorna D in KZN said...

Just love your blog. I especially like to see more South African quilters and their work. Lovely colours. Will visit you often

Cape Pincushion said...

Thank you Lorna!

ButtonMad said...

Those bags are fantastic!
Great fabrics and a lovely shape.
Tamara
http://incomparablebuttons.blogspot.com