Sunday, 22 April 2012

Home-made wedding décor progress

I've decided to use our local wild flowers for my wedding which are known as "fynbos" or proteas. My colour theme is going to be coral-pink and silver-grey (since my wedding is officially in early winter). I'm going to arrange the flowers myself with the help of my mom and sister-in-law. I'm going to put the flowers in honey and preserve jars with ribbons tied around.
I've been making place name cards and menus. I printed them out and used a lace corner paper punch and decorative scissors to embellish them.
I plan to put the place cards in the wine glasses or perhaps tied to the stem of the glass. 
And I've re-purposed my home-made Christmas tree for hanging wedding décor, and made a couple of little hand-stitched hearts.
I'm also busy making bunting for decorating the photo booth we're going to have. My brother and his wife make the most adorable props for taking fun photos at events which can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-French-Draw/129419820476852, so they're in charge of the photo booth at the wedding.

Less than 5 weeks to go! Yipeeeee!

6 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

It's going to look lovely made with so much love! I love it!!!

Karin said...

Love your ideas! You are really working hard for your wedding day - it is beautiful! Good luck for the last 5 weeks!

Nifty Quilts said...

Your wedding decor is so creative, so tasteful, so YOU! I LOVE your stripes quilt too. Congratulations!!

Sujata Shah said...

Oh my! You have been busy! Everything looks so personal. I love that about your choices for the decorations.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your wedding decorations are lovely!! I love your heart tree!!

sewkalico said...

Hope you had a beautiful wedding - your flowers look gorgeous and make me very homesick!