Sunday, 2 September 2012

Loulouthi dress

I had 2.5 yards of this lovely Anna Maria Horner Loulouthi fabric (Coreopsis print) lying about and decided that it time to make a dress from it, especially since Spring is finally arriving in this part of the world. I chose this pretty New Look pattern 6910. 
I forgot how long it takes to make a dress... but I stuck with it and about 6 hours later (yes it took that long...) I have a cute dress that still needs to be hemmed. It was an easy pattern to follow and the dress fits perfectly. I will definitely be making it again. Now all we need is some warmer weather :)

10 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

You really are a lady of many talents. That dress looks lovely and perfect for the coming summer.

Sujata Shah said...

That's an adorable dress! How fun!

Donna~~ said...

Cute dress--looks great in that fabric!

smazoochie said...

Lovely pattern & beautiful done up in the fabric you chose. That's right! Spring is approaching for you!

sewkalico said...

Wow! That looks great!

Karin said...

Hi Ailsa, the hanger shouldn't have been the model, you should have! Love the dress, how did it fit? I would love to sew one if you are happy with the fit...

Karin said...

Hi Ailsa, the hanger shouldn't have been the model, you should have! Love the dress, how did it fit? I would love to sew one if you are happy with the fit...

Nifty Quilts said...

Great dress! I haven't sewn a garment in years, because I was often not happy with the result. But you may convince me to try again.

Sharon said...

You made a dress. I do not know how to sew anything but quilts...good job, it's cute. Funny to hear you are entering spring as we are entering fall.

Rachaeldaisy said...

You'll be the belle of the ball whenever you wear that dress. Gorgeous fabric and great pattern!!