Sunday, 25 August 2013

Spring dress and other small projects

I made myself a spring dress yesterday using 2 yards of Westminster Martha Negley fabric called "Crabapple Path". I bought the fabric on sale so the dress cost less than $10 to make including the zipper and muslin lining.
I used New Look pattern 6776, it was relatively quick to make and fits really great. I made the dress without the sash belt. It's still too cold here to wear it, but hopefully it will warm up enough next month. 

I'm also making 6 place-mats using Moda Cosmo Cricket fabric. Quite time-consuming, I must say.
I've also started a baby quilt for a friend who is going to have a baby boy in September. I used two charm packs from Moda Bunny Hill - Putting on the ritz. I only used the blue and grey squares, I will sash it with ivory fabric (that is still in the mail somewhere) and add a border with light grey print. I hope that she will like it.

4 comments:

Donna~~ said...

Love your dress--very nice fabric for it too!

Nifty Quilts said...

Gorgeous dress! It's funny to think of spring dresses from here, where I'm about to get out my fleece for fall. Love your pinwheels for baby. They look great with the orange "sashing."

sewkalico said...

What a stunning dress!

imquilternity said...

Love, love, love your dress. That was the perfect fabric to use.