Monday, 11 November 2013

Spring inspiration

I haven't been quilting much lately, but I have been gardening. Spring was late this year in the Cape due to all the cold, wet weather we had, but all the rain paid off in beautiful flowers! Over-flowing lobelia, verbena, dianthus, salvia, pansies, and snap dragons.
The climbing roses (Soeur Emmanuelle - DELamo) have also finally put on a show! And they smell divine! I love French roses. It's hard to believe that this rose is not even 1-year old yet. 


Inspired by spring, I made myself another dress with New Look pattern 6776. The fabric is by Free Spirit - Deena Designs London. As it was 31 degree C (87 F) today, I wore it to work :) 

3 comments:

Karen's Quilts from Cape Town said...

Beautiful garden, and what a stunning view beyond!

Nifty Quilts said...

Oh my! You do have a green thumb. I'll bet it looks great with your lovely new dress. I love that fabric. I bought enough for a quilt back. Hmm, we'll see if I can resist the urge to make a wearable out of it.

Teresa Rawson said...

UGH! It is getting so cold and gloomy here, but your garden is so beautiful it made me smile! Glad to have found your blog this morning! Teresa :o)