Saturday, 20 July 2013

Pinwheel quilt finished at last!

I finished quilting and binding my water-lilies pinwheel quilt this week! It took almost 2 years for me to finish this quilt. I hand-quilted the centre of the quilt and the outer border I machine quilted. It is the first one of my quilts that I have quilted myself. The finished quilt is 83" x 83".
I used a Kaffe Fassett print, bekah in blue, for the back of the quilt. I used another Kaffe Fasset print, mirage stripe in blue, for the binding.
Here is another shot of the quilt on our bed. Unfortunately it has been raining so I can't take a photo of the whole quilt outside. Here is the link to the whole finished quilt top. It feels good to get such a big project finished! Yay!

Monday, 1 July 2013

French nine-patch quilt top finished

I finished sewing the French nine-patch quilt top yesterday. I'm not going to quilt this one myself, I'll have to get some quotes from the professionals. In the meantime, I'm going to make another pieced quilt top with all the leftover lighter coloured charm squares, I'm busy deciding on the pattern now.