Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Moving time

Paper-piecing on hold for now
We have sold our house 3 weeks ago and are now getting ready to move into a new house, in the same area. Its a bit sad because we put so much love into the garden and renovating our first home. I will miss our roses which are now in their prime, after 2-3 years of training. At least the person who bought the house loves the garden, so it will be in good hands.

 
But I'm sure it will be fun and creative to plan a garden from scratch again, as the new house has no garden, only grass. So I won't be blogging for a while, as all my sewing is packed away. But I will back again soon in the new year!

6 comments:

Karen's Quilts from Cape Town said...

Hi Ailsa, Hope your move goes smoothly! Your garden is beautiful, and I'm sure your new one will soon be blooming! x Karen

smazoochie said...

I also hope your move goes smoothly. Moving is hard -- I know I put down roots wherever I am (though not real plant roots, like your beautiful roses). I hope you have out some of your paper piecing to work on in calm moments. I'm eager to see your new home.

Oops-Lah said...

Best of luck with your move! It must be hard to leave your garden behind but I'm sure you'll enjoy to plan our your new one too.

Nifty Quilts said...

Congratulations on your new house. I'm sure you'll enjoy adding your special touches to make it home. Your hexies are beautiful!

Sujata Shah said...

Good Luck with the move. I do understand missing of the gardens once created but also love the challenge and opportunity of putting your own stamp on the new space.

Cath said...

stunning quilt but wow....those roses are lovely too.