Friday, 4 March 2016

Settling into our new house

Main bedroom, showing new gingham curtains I made, 
and my Pinwheel quilt.

Sorry, its been a while since I last blogged. We moved into our new house in December and since then I've been sewing curtains and doing gardening. I had to make new curtains (14 drops in total! Phew!) for all the rooms. I made some taupe gingham curtains for the main bedroom (shown above). And some pretty taupe, red and white Jacobean design for the dining room and lounge area (shown below - excuse poor photo).

Dining area curtains

We bought an old wrought iron bed for the guest room, which looks so charming with my first Kaffe Fassett Spring Boston Common quilt.

Guest room, showing my Spring Boston Common quilt.

The front garden we had to tackle from scratch (in the summer heat), but its coming along nicely. I would still like to add a climbing rose arch. Now that we are settled, I can do some quilting again.

Front garden before (Dec 2015)

Front garden after (Jan 2016)
Front garden after (Mar 2016)

4 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Oh gosh you really have been hard at work. But it all looks wonderful. Your bedroom with the new curtain and the quilt is just beautiful as is the guest bed room (be careful, your guest might never want to leave). And the transformation of your front garden is amazing.

smazoochie said...

As a non-gardener, I am staggered by your efforts in your beautiful garden!
The house looks warm & charming with your quilts & curtains.

Carolien said...

It all looks wonderful! I hope you will live there happily!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

You definitely have worked wonders with your front garden! Your quilts look lovely on the beds and what a lot of curtains you've been sewing - love the gingham.