Sunday 16 June 2013

French nine-patch quilt progress

I finished making 120 5"x5" nine-patch blocks, and started playing with the French General charm pack squares for the layout for my French nine-patch quilt. I purchased 5 Moda French General charm packs in total: 2 x La Belle Fleur; 1 x Le Petite Odile; 1 x Château Rouge; 1 x Esprit de Noel. I only used the darker background squares. The nine-patches were made from half-yard pieces from the La Belle Fleur and Chateau Rouge ranges.
I am about half-way with assembling the quilt-top now :)
I also managed to start knitting a cardigan. I chose a simple Kaffe Fassett motive from his Pattern Library book. 

5 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Lots of work, but it's going to be a stunning quilt - again! Also your knitting looks great. And you said you are a beginner, or do I not remember that right?

Sharon said...

Great quilt... Sole designs are often the prettiest

Nifty Quilts said...

Your quilt is classically beautiful. Congratulations on an almost finish! Lovely knitting too.

Karen's Quilts from Cape Town said...

I love your quilt!

Kathleen C said...

What a beautiful quilt! I've always admired the French General fabrics--thanks very much for telling what you used and how much for your quilt. Maybe I'll splurge and buy some, though I don't need another quilt :). I'm always drawn to reds and blues.