Wednesday 12 October 2011

First Kaffe Fassett quilt finished

I just finished quilting my very first Kaffe Fassett quilt, based on his Spring Boston Common quilt pattern from his book "Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts". It was quite a mission to get hold of the fabric since a lot of the fabrics in the original pattern are out of print. I had to do a lot of substitutions but I think that it came out really well after all. I learnt a lot from sewing this quilt, can hardly wait to finish my next one.
I backed the quilt with a gorgeous Philip Jacobs print called English Rose in the lavender colour-way. 
I tried to photograph it next to the lavish pink bougainvillea in our garden, but it was a little tricky due to the size of the bushes.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

this quilt is beautiful! I haven't done that one yet but it is on my list.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I can't email you back because you don't have your email enabled. Go to Edit my profile, put a check mark in front of Show my email Address and then scroll down and SAVE.

Also you will make it easier for others to leave comment for you if you change to "pop up window" for the comments. go to Settings, comments, check mark in front of 'pop up window' and SAVE.

Lorna D KZN said...

Absolutely stunning colours. Lovely!

Chris said...

Lovely quilt! and the flowers are amazing, too!

Fleurette said...

I love this quilt - gorgeous!!