Sunday 3 July 2016

Hexagon paper-pieced quilt assembly


I've started assembling my paper-pieced hexagon quilt this week. It's been going surprisingly quicker than I anticipated. I hope to be done soon!


Here below is the layout of the stars and rosette blocks before assembly. Once I've assembled the blocks, then I will finish off the edges with background and partial blocks.


I've also, at long last, basted my Curio hexagon quilt (which I finished piecing almost 4 years ago...) and I've started machine-quilting the hexagon shapes. Its going to be a gift for one of my dearest friends that I met in high school.

5 comments:

Carolien said...

Wow, two stunning and wonderful quilts!!! Your friend is very fortunate to receive such a beautiful quilt!

Have a nice day & Dutch waves across the ocean, Carolien

Nifty Quilts said...

Both quilts are beautiful! Congratulations for getting so far with your hand-piecing. I'm glad it is going more quickly than you expected. You have a very lucky friend!

Mystic Quilter said...

Thrilled to see your hexagons at this stage, wonderful! Your second Curio quilt is going to make your friend very, very happy I'm sure.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Wow!! Both quilts are so beautiful!! You're doing well with your EEP quilt to be assembling it faster than you thought.

Susan said...

Love the quilts and well done!!!