Thursday 13 October 2011

Blue pinwheel quilt is underway



My latest quilting project is a square pinwheel quilt that I have designed and am making using Kaffe Fassett fabrics. My colour inspiration for this quilt came from Monet's Water Lilies paintings (see examples). There are actually over 300 water lily paintings by Monet. The purple-blue, green and pink hues create such a tranquil feeling. I have to assemble 252 small pinwheel blocks and 32 large ones. It will keep me busy for a while...

1 comment:

Quiltsalad said...

I have done several quilts based on inspiration from Monet's Water Lilies.....never ceases to make the creative juices flow. This was my most recent. Done by English Paper Piecing.....I like your pinwheels very much.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsalad/5158134195/in/set-72157624740236048